Stop the Cuts: Call Governor Baker and Lieutenant Governor Polito
Governor Charlie Baker and Lieutenant Governor Karen Polito’s “small minded and short-sighted” approach to public transit is bad for riders, workers and our economy.
The Baker/Polito administration has:
- Presided over deep cuts to the MBTA
- Vetoed a program to help those in need afford fares on the MBTA and our Regional Transit Authorities
- Vetoed legislation that would have required federal aid to be spent to restore cuts
The Baker/Polito Administration’s transit policy hurts all of us — especially those of us who rely on transit the most: working families, communities of color, and essential workers who use buses and trains to get to work.
- Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) and our fifteen Regional Transit Authorities (RTAs) provide a public service that is essential to the well being of workers, families and our economy.
- Together with the Public Transit Public Good Coalition, I am asking you to do everything in your power to:
- Restore cuts at the MBTA
- Use federal stimulus money to roll back slashed service
- Support a reduced fare for low-income riders